Apply to the Fellowship Program
Prospective Fellows should contact the Fellowship Office, the site and/or division directors at least one year prior to the July 1 annual start date.
Applicants requiring a work permit: Due to processing times at immigration offices, Post Graduate Medical Education (PGME) and the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO), complete application packages must be received by the Fellowship Office 6 – 8 months in advance of the training start date. For example, complete application paperwork must be received by January 1st for Fellowship training that is scheduled to begin on July 1st of the same year.
Canadian citizens / Permanent Residents: Complete application packages must be received by the Fellowship Office 4 months in advance of the training start date. For example, complete application paperwork must be received by April 1st for Fellowship training that is scheduled to begin on July 1st of the same year.
Start Date: July 1 annually
Please note that we will make exceptions, where appropriate, for those who cannot start their fellowship training on July 1 to start on January 1.
To apply to the Fellowship Program, please complete the application below:
Clinical Fellowship candidates are required to submit the PGME Educational Objectives form when applying to the program. International Fellowship candidates must submit a University of Toronto Credit Card Authorization Form when applying to the program. These forms are below.
Please note: incomplete applications will not be processed! Please be sure to include all required supporting documents, and obtain all approval signatures, before submitting your application package to the Fellowship Office.
Contact information for hospital site coordinators and Psychiatrists-in-Chief can be found at the links below:
For international candidates, please be aware that due to processing times at immigration offices, Post Graduate Medical Education, and the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO), you must submit a complete application 6 – 8 months in advance of your desired start date.
- For details about Fellowship opportunities in our department, or to discuss special areas of interest or career plans, contact the Fellowship Director. Information about specific Fellowships should be obtained directly from the contact person identified in each Fellowship description that appears in the Fellowship Handbook (see link below). Potential applicants should have an informal discussion with a potential supervisor before making an application. Please note that there may be separate contacts for clinical as opposed to research Fellowships.
- To ensure eligibility for a medical license, contact the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. They will also assist you with inquiries about recognition of qualifications or training, if such were obtained outside of Canada, licensure requirements, work permits, and related matters.
- For a Fellowship Handbook or Application Form, download the document(s) indicated by the hypertext links.
- Fellows must register with the University of Toronto. This is arranged through the Fellowship office. In addition, Fellows must register at the teaching centre where they are to be based.
- If your native language is not English and the language of instruction during your postgraduate studies was not in English, you will be required to successfully complete the “Test of English as a Foreign Language” (TOEFL) and the English Language proficiency test “Test of Spoken English” (TSE) prior to commencing your Fellowship training. (For additional information on these tests please visit the following websites:www.toefl.org and www.ets.org)
If you have any further questions about the Fellowship program, please contact the Fellowship Director or Fellowship Office.
Dr. Arun Ravindran
Department of Psychiatry
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
Please address email to: