CSP News, Events & Accomplishments
UPCOMING EVENT DATES & DEADLINES
- Seminar dates:
- October 12
- November 30
- January 18
- March 1
- April 12
- May 31
- Award deadlines:
- Society of Biological Psychiatry Travel Fellowship – Due September 30
OTHER UPCOMING EVENTS
- Canadian Psychiatric Association Annual Conference 2017 from September 14-16 in Ottawa, Canada
CSP RESIDENT ACCOMPLISHMENTS
August 17, 2017
- Danielle Baribeau won the Association of Chairs of Psychiatry in Canada Annual Research Award
April 24, 2017
- Sean Nestor won the Institute of Medical Science 2017 Siminovitch-Salter Award
- Nicholas Neufeld and Lucy Barker were admitted into the UofT Clinician Investigator Program.
- Eric Brown was admitted into the Institute of Medical Science to pursue a Master’s of Science
March 23, 2017
- Sean Nestor, Lucy Barker, and Nick Neufeld are the inaugural CSP Norris Scholars, which is an award that supports collection of pilot data toward publication, conference presentation, and/or external funding or award applications.
February 21, 2017
- Joshua Rosenblat received a two year operating grant from the Canadian Cancer Society, one of only four funded projects out of 70 applications.
- Tanya Hauck‘s paper in the Canadian Journal of Psychiatry has been getting a lot of media attention.
- Tyler Kaster and Tanya Hauck were accepted to the American Psychiatric Association Junior Investigator Research Colloquium
November 5, 2016
- Paul Benassi‘s Quality Improvement project on tobacco withdrawal in the CAMH ED is currently featured on CAMH Intranet. Check out the CAMH website in early 2017 to see Paul’s work!
- Nicholas Neufeld – Society of Biological Psychiatry Early Career Investigator Travel Fellowship Award
- Sean Nestor – International Society for Vascular Cognitive and Behavioural Disorders Young Investigator Award
- Joshua Rosenblat – UHN Research Grant
August 19, 2016
- Cory Weissman – Winner of the Isaac Sakinosfky Essay Prize in Suicidology for essay titled “Biologising suicide: Justification for the study of the neurobiology of suicidal behaviour“
- Sarah Smith – Honorable Mention in the Isaac Sakinofsky Essay Prize in Suicidology for essay titled “Resident Suicide”
June 16, 2016
- Paul Kudlow – Allan Kaplan Grad Award
- Tanya Hauck – Liz Gillespie Award for best paper on a research topic in child and youth mental health by a resident
- Eric Brown – Division of Geriatric Psychiatry Resident Award
- Lucy Barker – Zofia Pakula Social Justice Award