Work Study Program
The Work Study Program is administered by the University of Toronto, for important information on the program, i.e., eligibility, deadlines, etc., please visit the Work Study Program website: http://www.adm.utoronto.ca/financial-aid/work-study-program/
Work Study Hiring Form -Students who are hired into Work Study positions must complete this hiring form; also available from the employer.
- Students, their employers and the hiring unit’s business officer must complete the hiring Form. The business officer must submit the completed form to Enrolment Services.
- Students are permitted to accept ONE Work Study position per program.
The Department of Psychiatry’s role, with respect to the Work Study Program, is limited to the payroll component of the program. Students who are hired by Faculty and Administrative Staff of the Department of Psychiatry will submit their hiring documentation and times sheets to email@example.com
Please complete and submit the following 3 forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that if you do not submit these forms you will not be setup for payroll.
- TD1 (Federal) Personal Tax Credits Return http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/td1/README.html
- TD1ON Ontario Personal Tax Credits Return: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/td1on/README.html
- Payroll Bank Authorization Form for Direct Deposit: Direct Deposit.pdf NB: a void cheque, or, a direct deposit form must be provided so that banking information may be confirmed
Work Study students are permitted to work a maximum of 12 hours per week, at $11.00 per hour (increasing to $11.25 per hour on October 1, 2015) plus 4% vacation pay. NB: it is the responsibility of work study students and their employers (faculty and/or administrative supervisors) to monitor the 180 hour maximum.
Work Study students are paid bi-weekly unless previously or concurrently employed by the University in a monthly paid position whereby they will remain on a monthly payroll schedule.
International Students – to be paid, you must have a Social Insurance Number. If you do not already have one you must apply for one through Service Canada. To do so, you must present an employment letter and a completed Employment Contract signed by your employer
In order to receive your payment students will be required to submit time sheets by specific submission deadlines:
Fall/Winter 2015 Bi-weekly Payroll package
Fall/Winter 2015 Monthly Payroll package (Note: Only students who have been previously set up as monthly paid should use the monthly time-sheet).
All work study time sheets and related payroll issues are to be submitted/communicated to: email@example.com