Awards & Recognitions
Abraham Miller Award
This Departmental award is presented annually at the Departmental Dinner to an outstanding educator/teacher in the realm of undergraduate education. Excellence may be in the areas of teaching, educational administration or development of curriculum or evaluation methodology.
- 2019 recipient: Dr. Neely Bakshi from the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Dr. Deanna Chaukos (Mount Sinai Hospital)
- Dr. Carla Garcia (University Health Network)
- Dr. Ajmal Razmy (Trillium Health Partners)
- Dr. Ayal Schaffer (Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre)
- Dr. Harold Spivak (St. Michael’s Hospital)
- Dr. Richard Yanofsky (University Health Network)
Resident Teaching Award
In order to fittingly recognize and encourage outstanding contributions to teaching medical students, this award is presented at the annual Departmental Dinner to the nominee deemed most worthy by our Undergraduate Awards Committee.
- 2019 recipient: Dr. Joshua Rosenblat (PGY5)
- Dr. Nathan Bakker
- Dr. Zainab Furqan
- Dr. Navdeep Sandhu
- Dr. Mara Silver
- Dr. Tamir Streiner
Student Convocation Awards
The following awards are presented to graduating students at the MD Program convocation in June:
Dr. Benjamin W. Appleton Prize in Psychiatry
This prize is awarded to a student in the final year who has demonstrated special interest and achievement in the field of psychiatry, on the nomination of the Chair of the Department of Psychiatry.
- 2019 recipient: Josiah Osagie
Dr. Samuel Stein Memorial Award
The Stein Memorial is awarded to a graduating medical student who has demonstrated excellence in therapeutic communications during core and/or elective rotations in Psychiatry.
- 2019 recipient: Hannah Solomon
Dr. Stan Kushnir Memorial Award
This award has been established by family, friends and associates of the late Dr. Stan Kushnir, a graduate of the University of Toronto and past president of the Ontario Society of Clinical Hypnosis. It is awarded a student in the final year of the medical program, has demonstrated special interest and achievement in the field of Psychiatry.
- 2019 recipient: Angela Han
Dr. Jean Wasserman Wolfman Prize In Child Psychiatry
Established by Mrs. Edie Yolles in memory of her late sister, the Wasserman Prize is awarded award to a student in the final year of the medical program who excels in the field of Child Psychiatry, with preference given to a student who most significantly investigates some aspect of autism in children during their elective period.
- 2019 recipient: Sabrina Agnihotri
Please join us in congratulating our teachers who received the highest TES score!