Instructions for Poster Presentations
- As a general rule, posters can be based upon the guidelines for any scientific meeting. UofT’s library has some helpful suggestions: Poster design tips and tricks
- Each poster will have available an area of five feet (1.5 m) wide and three feet (~ 1m) high. Material will be available to attach your poster to the boards.
- The size for your poster board will be 6 feet wide x 3 feet high. Tables, graphs, and pictures greatly enhance poster presentations.
- Downloadable Poster Templates in PowerPoint format:
- Psychiatry Poster Template 1 (369.68 KB)
- Psychiatry Poster Template 2 (129.04 KB)
- The poster need not include the entire text of the paper.
- It would be desirable to have copies of the abstract or complete paper available as handouts, or a paper pad for persons to write their names and addresses so that copies can be sent to them.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- Do not make this an expensive or overly-elaborate presentation.
- The emphasis should be on content and clarity.
- Use oversize type (if it is available).
- Do not exceed the space limitations.
- Judging of posters will take place on Research Day, time TBD