The Toronto Dementia Research Alliance
- St. Michael’s Hospital
- Sunnybrook Hospital
- The Faculty of Medicine at U of T
The TDRA has fostered increased collaboration within these clinics, which has resulted in considerable increases in external funding to Division investigators.
The thematic highlights of Division collaborative projects include:
- cognitive impairment in late life bipolar disorder, depression, and schizophrenia
- depression and coronary artery disease, genetic and therapeutic studies in traumatic brain damage
- imaging of brain inflammation as well as dopamine, serotonin and muscarinic receptors in a variety of late-life conditions and amyloid deposition in Alzheimer’s disease and frontotemporal dementia
- pharmacotherapy of dementia and related psychiatric symptoms
- psychotic depression
- the relation between affective disorders and balance and mobility
- neuroplasticity studies across the lifespan using brain stimulation techniques.
The Division is also undertaking a five year project funded by Brain Canada to conduct a randomized controlled trial to prevent Alzheimer’s dementia in older patients with depression or mild cognitive impairment. The project will be led by CAMH and includes all other four TDRA sites. To learn more about the TDRA visit their website.